If ever there was ever a gold coin that checks all the boxes, the 1/10th oz American Gold Eagle coin might be at the top. Gold bullion investors these days like the idea of having a gold coin that is easy to trade and divisible. Even more important to bullion investors is liquidity, and the US Mint is arguably the most popular if not the most famous mint in the world.
When the American Gold Eagle coin was first released in 1986, it featured a family of bald eagles with the male eagle flying into the nest with the female in the nest guarding its hatchlings. In 2021, a new design was introduced that now features the head of a bald eagle that details stunning detail of the bald eagle.
- Each coin contains 1/10th oz of fine gold
- Each coin is 22 – karat and is alloyed with 91.67% gold, 5.33% copper, and 3% silver.
- Individual orders are shipped in a plastic flip that protects the coin from scratches
- Orders of 50 are shipped in protective mint tubes.
- Each coin has a $5 face value and is fully backed by the US government.
The obverse of the coin features the iconic Walking Liberty with rays of sunlight in the background. In her right hand she carries a torch while in her left she holds an olive branch. In the foreground is the US Capitol building. The reverse features the newly designed bald eagle, the weight and dollar denomination. Above the eagles head, United States Of America, and “In God We Trust”
Whether you are a collector or like the idea of protecting your assets with gold, we are confident like millions of others you will be satisfied with your choice to buy American Gold Eagle coins.
If you have any questions give us a call!