There is a wide variety of ways to buy gold bullion bars online. Gold bars are convenient for storage, and are generally the most cost effective way to buy gold bullion. Because gold bars trade close to the gold spot price investors can eliminate the higher premiums associated with gold coins. It is important to ensure the bar is stamped by the manufacturer, includes the weight, purity, and has a serial number that matches the assay card or certificate of authenticity. If the bar is not accompanied with an assay card or certificate of authenticity you may have a hard time selling the bar when the time comes. This may require you to have the bar “assayed” before you can sell it.
Furthermore it is important to only buy gold bars that are pure .9999 fine gold or otherwise considered 24 karat. There are plenty of reputable manufacturers to choose from when you make the decision to buy gold bullion bars online. Swiss made gold bars like PAMP Suisse, Credit Suisse, Argor-Heraeus and Valcambi produce some of the most popular gold bars in the marketplace. Other highly reputable bars are produced by The Perth Mint of Australia, The Royal Canadian Mint, and The Royal Mint. These companies produce certified investment grade LBMA (good delivery) bars for standard investors ranging from 1 gram to kilo (32.15 oz.) sizes. Central banks will typically keep 400 oz. gold bars in their vaults.
- Must include assay card or certificate of authenticity that includes serial number that matches the serial number stamped on the bar.
- Cost effective way to buy gold bullion and usually trades close to the spot price.
- Gold bars are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
- Gold bars are either minted or cast by the manufacturer.
- Only buy gold bars that are stamped .9999 fine gold or 24 karat.
- Most gold bars that meet these high standards are Precious Metals IRA approved!
When a gold bar is cast: Casting is a process when pure molten gold (or other precious metals) is poured into a mold and stamped.
When a gold bar is minted: The bars is cut from an appropriate sized sheet of pure gold and stamped per the specs.
If you want to buy gold bullion bars online we highly recommend you take the time to understand the process and the benefits of owning gold bars. Gold bars that check all the boxes for manufacturing and are certified investment grade make an excellent addition to your retirement portfolio.