The 2021 ½ oz American Gold Eagle Type 2 is destined to be an all time classic! With its bold new design, the coin symbolizes American freedom at its finest. The US Mints rich tradition for minting world class products is especially evident in the 2021 American Gold Eagle Type 2. Here are a few highlights:
- New Type 2 design on reverse featuring a bald eagle
- Contains ½ oz of gold with a purity of .9167
- Legal tender coin with a $25 face value and guaranteed by the USG
- Available in US Mint issued tubes. Each tube holds 40 coins.
- Features the latest state of the art anti-counterfeiting reeded edge and gap technology.
- Precious Metals IRA. The American Gold Eagle is the all time favorite for this program.
On the obverse you will find the familiar Lady Liberty design that has become a US Mint standard design. You will also see the date and the word Liberty, a word once of great significance.
The reverse is what everyone is excited about, which features the profile of America’s greatest symbol of freedom, the bald eagle. You will also find other details related to the coin such as $25 Dollars, ½ oz Fine Gold, and back by popular demand, “In God We Trust”.
The American Gold Eagle is minted by the US Mint and is guaranteed by the United States Government. It was authorized by Congress in 1985 and the first coins were minted in 1986.
The coins are legal tender and bear a value based in US dollars. The actual value of the coin however is the pure gold content which is tied to the gold spot market price. The American Gold Eagle coin is not practical to be used in day to day commerce, but is highly valued as a store of wealth and hedge against unpredictable economic cycles.