2024 1/2 oz Britannia Gold Coin
as low as $1,103.01
|Quantity||Credit Card||Check, Wire,|
The 2024 1/2 oz Britannia Gold Coin carries on British tradition, which affectionately once featured a likeness of Queen Elizabeth II. Since Her Majesty`s passing in 2022, The Royal Mint has continued this tradition with a profile of the Queen’s successor, her son King Charles III. Long Live the King!
- These coins are shipped to your door in protective flips or plastic-sealed sheets of 20 coins per sheet.
- The reverse of the coin boasts four distinct security features.
- Each coin has 1/2 Troy ounce of .9999 pure gold and is in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition.
- The face value of these coins is 50 pounds sterling (GBP), fully guaranteed by the British government.
- The obverse side showcases a portrait of King Charles III.
- On the reverse side, you’ll find the iconic Britannia.
When the British Gold Britannia series was initially introduced in 1987, it featured various denominations, including 1 ounce, 1/2 ounce, 1/4 ounce, and 1/10 ounce gold coins. At that time, the coins were composed of Crown gold alloy, equivalent to 22-karat gold, with a gold content of 91.67%. In 2013, the Royal Mint increased the gold purity to 24-karat gold, making them .9999 pure gold.
2024 1/2 oz Britannia Gold Coins are available in two packaging options. You can purchase individual coins, each safely housed in protective flips. We offer plastic tubes containing 10 coins or mint-sealed boxes containing 100 coins for larger quantities. Each box accommodates 10 separate tubes, and all coins are in pristine Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
The obverse of the 2024 British Gold Britannia features a new portrayal of King Charles III, unveiled in 2022 by artist Martin Jennings. This design marks the first-ever portrait of the new king and presents a left-profile relief image without a crown.
The reverse side of the 2024 1/2 oz Britannia Gold Coin showcases Britannia, a powerful female allegorical figure. She stands in a frontal view, holding a trident in her right hand, and resting her left hand on the Union Jack shield while grasping an olive branch.
Private Bullion proudly supplies gold and silver Britannia coins, and orders can be placed here on our website, or call us at 888-928-3390 to place your order today!