The modern issue American Gold Eagle coin was first released in 1986. With a brilliant time- tested design, the Gold Eagle is globally recognized for its craftmanship and beauty.
When Congress authorized the Gold Bullion Act of 1985, it opened the floodgates for investors who wanted to protect their assets from inflation with gold. Today, American Gold Eagle coins are a core position holding for not just millions of Americans, but investors and collectors world-wide.
- Legal tender authorized by the United States Government.
- Available in 1/10 oz ($5), 1/4 oz ($10), 1/2 oz ($25), 1 oz ($50) denominations.
- Each denomination contains 91.67% gold, 3% Silver, and 5.33% copper.
- Available in “proof”, and “BU” condition.
- Minted at the West Point Mint, West Point, New York
- A popular holding for the Precious Metals IRA.